Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Life of faith -- Esther

Last night I watched the movie -- "A night with the King." Now, this is not a completely accurate narrative story of the life and book of Esther but relatively close! As I sat and watched it I could not help but think what an incredible life this young woman lived -- as a godly queen but also in her relationship with the Lord!
I opened my bible and was able to follow along in scripture -- jumping here and there but chronologically the movie seemed in order! I have not finished this movie yet -- but am eager to sit and eat dinner tonight and watch the rest of the movie!!!
Do you ever wonder what it would have been like to be in her shoes? As she was taken from her uncle Mordecai I wondered what would my reaction have been in that situation? The times of that day were quite different but if I look at the bigger picture I cant help but compare it to today and the life that Christ calls us to live. Opposite of society! On fire for Him! Always ready to give an account for the hope that is in us -- which is Christ! Righteous -- fleeing from sin!
Hide scripture in your heart!
Esther's life is a great encouragement to me -- how about anyone else?!

1 comment:

  1. I have always loved the story of Esther. She was an incredible woman who feared the Lord.

    Love that you're blogging!

    ReplyDelete